Nestled in the Bowmanville neighborhood just 10 miles north of downtown Chicago, Rogers Park Montessori School serves children ages 2-14. The students, teaching faculty, and parents of our two toddler classrooms, six 3-6 classrooms, five 6-9 classrooms, four 9-12 classrooms, and one Middle School classroom are a close-knit school community. We have a proud tradition of teacher collaboration and support.
ABOUT THE POSITIONS
We seek a Toddler Full Day Head Teacher who will also serve as our Toddler Program Substitute Director. The ideal person has strong organization and communication skills and values working as part of a dynamic, creative team.
Toddler Full Day Head Teacher Responsibilities
- Guide and direct the children’s activities academically, emotionally, and physically.
- Maintain curriculum planning, observational, academic records and progress reports.
- Maintain an orderly, clean environment, allowing children participation as appropriate.
- Supervise the classroom Assistant/Intern, providing guidance and training as needed.
- Conduct parent conferences, prepare newsletters and provide on-going communication to parents as needed.
- Proactively initiate discussions with the Principal, Program Director and parents in the early stages of issues.
Toddler Full Day Head Teacher Minimum Qualifications
- AMS/AMI certified in Toddler OR
- 6 ECE Hours AND 60 semester hours, and a grounding in Montessori philosophy (or a willingness to learn)
Toddler Program Substitute Director
The Toddler Program Substitute Director assists the Program Director and assumes decision-making responsibility whenever the Program Director is unavailable, providing educational support to direct the children’s activities academically, emotionally, and physically.
Toddler Program Substitute Director Minimum Qualifications
- 21 ECE hours in early childhood (ages birth-age 6) AND
- Associates Degree in early childhood education OR 64 semester hours in any discipline
- $41,000, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision coverage available for full-time employees
- 401k matching
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
RPMS is committed to ensuring our employees represent our diverse school community and to creating an inclusive workplace environment welcoming to people of all backgrounds. RPMS strongly encourages applications from people of color, people of all genders and sexual orientations, people with disabilities, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. RPMS prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.