Ronald Knox Montessori School is an AMS accredited school, philosophically rooted in the methods of Maria Montessori. We are looking for an energetic and motivated teacher to lead a Primary Classroom with children ages 3-6.
- Monday to Friday - 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Compensation is competitive and is based on education and experience
The position responsibilities include:
- Nurture the academic, social, physical, and emotional development of each child in accordance with the curriculum and the Montessori philosophy.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of Montessori principles/philosophy.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of an orderly, clean learning environment, well-equipped with the appropriate materials and supplies.
- Supervise the children as directed inside and outside the classroom, during transitions which may include lunchtime, outside time, and others as scheduled.
- Maintain and foster positive and constructive interaction with children and parents.
- Prepare progress reports twice a year and lead parent teacher conferences.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and professional development workshops.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Montessori certification is required.
- First Aid, CPR, Mandated Reporter training is required after being hired.
- Illinois Food Handler training is required after being hired.
- Excellent observation, interpersonal, active listening skills are essential.
- Personal values reflect the values of the school and method including treating children as competent individuals and appreciating a diverse school environment.
- Must be adaptable to various situations and the changing needs of the school.
- Must be able to stay calm, keep voice volume at courteous level ensuring private conversations take place at the appropriate time and place for confidentiality.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan - 403B with a 3% match
- Paid Time Off
Please submit resumes and cover letter to email@example.com
Ronald Knox offers an education for children from 6 months to 6 years old. Our mission is to inspire our children to be leaders, innovators, and stewards of our world. As Montessori educators, we believe teachers observe, personalize, and facilitate learning. Offering choice and self-paced materials increase each learner's engagement and mastery of skills or concepts. Differentiated instruction and student-initiated learning are encouraged.