Ronald Knox is an AMS accredited school, philosophically rooted in the methods of Maria Montessori. We are looking for an energetic and motivated assistant teacher to join our staff.
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- $16 - $20/hour (Compensation is competitive and evaluated based on education and experience).
- Support the Directress’ implementation of the Montessori method.
- Establish meaningful, respectful relationships with each child working toward the goal of independence.
- Assist the Directress in providing opportunities for children to connect with the outdoors, through the use of the playground and Mallincrodkt Park’s flora and habitants.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and continue to develop your knowledge of the curriculum and age group.
- Work with all faculty and staff to ensure the safety of all Ronald Knox students and to guide students in acting responsibly in the school and on the grounds.
- Protect the privacy and working atmosphere of student groups at all times.
- Prepare and maintain a clean and orderly Montessori environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of the age group.
- Supervise the children throughout lunchtime, recess/playground, carpool, and all classroom activities and transitions.
- Maintain regular communication with the directress about student updates so that the directress can communicate with parents and/others effectively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least two years in a teaching support role or other relevant experience working with children.
- Montessori experience or certification is a plus.
- First Aid, CPR, and Mandated Reporter training is required after being hired.
- Illinois Food Handler training is required after being hired.
- Excellent observation, interpersonal, active listening skills are essential.
- Personal values reflect the values of the school and method including treating children as competent individuals and appreciating a diverse school environment.
- Must be adaptable to various situations and the changing needs of the school.
- Must be able to stay calm, keep voice volume at courteous level ensuring private conversations take place at the appropriate time and place for confidentiality.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan - 403B with a 3% match
Please submit resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ronald Knox offers an education for children from 6 months to 6 years old. Our mission is to inspire our children to be leaders, innovators, and stewards of our world. As Montessori educators, we believe teachers observe, personalize, and facilitate learning. Offering choice and self-paced materials increase each learner's engagement and mastery of skills or concepts. Differentiated instruction and student-initiated learning are encouraged.