Gan Montessori is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and motivated Lead Teacher for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year and beyond. We are a new Jewish Montessori school in Wilmette, Illinois. We have a full-time position available for our 3-6 classroom with the potential to grow into other positions. The days/hours of this position is Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
As the Lead Teacher, you will create and lead a model early childhood Montessori classroom as a part of our founding team. You will partner with our families to meet each child's individual needs and foster a deep sense of community within your classroom and our school. You will be provided with a fully equipped early childhood classroom with high-quality Montessori materials and furniture along with a budget to make your classroom unique. The Lead Teacher does not need to be Jewish.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing professional development and a network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- Opportunity to contribute to a high-quality Montessori program
- Paid school holidays, including national holidays, winter break, spring break, all major Jewish holidays and summer recess.
We'd love to talk to you if you:
- Have a Bachelor's degree
- Completed AMS or AMI Montessori Training
- Have experience working in a 3-6 Montessori classroom
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are eager to help build an incredible foundation for our new community school
- Are open to guiding your colleagues, and be guided by them in turn
- Are eager to partner with families as they begin their Montessori journey
- Take pride in your work and are friendly with error
- Get energized and inspired by working with children!
About Gan Montessori:
We are a new Jewish Montessori early childhood program starting our inaugural year in September 2022. We are new members of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS) and American Montessori Society (AMS). We are currently on the pathway for AMS accreditation. At Gan Montessori, children develop a strong sense of identity, self-confidence, and develop pride in their Jewish heritage. We view education as not just a means of transmitting knowledge, but as a way to support the full development of children as individuals and as members of a community. Gan Montessori is a place where children feel at home, and feel the freedom to explore and grow.
Email Your Resume with a Cover Letter:
Esther Leah Teldon: firstname.lastname@example.org