University Village Montessori School is seeking a lead teacher for one of our Primary (Early Childhood 3-6 year old) classrooms. This is a full time, year round position. We are looking for teachers who are loving, engaging, observant, reliable adults with prior experience working with children.
About our school: we are members of AMS and are currently on Step 7 of the Pathway to AMS accreditation. We are passionate about providing an authentic, caring Montessori environment for our students and their families.
Teachers should possess: an understanding of early childhood development; patience and respect for children; the ability to encourage children to be independent; model for them appropriate behavior; cultivate an environment rich with Montessori philosophy that is both safe and engaging for children; provide opportunities that enhance the child's social, physical and intellectual development; exhibit excellent interpersonal skills; and can effectively collaborate with students, parents, and staff to nurture a passion for learning in the young child.
* Full time, year round position
* Montessori Early Childhood Teaching Credential required
* 60 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university with 6 credits in ECE or CDA preferred
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* At least 2 years of professional teaching experience preferred
* Must meet state requirements for education and additional school requirements may apply
* All employees must be up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional Development
* Vision insurance
* Early Childhood Education: 3 years (Preferred)
* Childcare: 3 years (Preferred)
* Montessori Certification (Required)
To indicate your interest in the position, submit a resume and cover letter to the Executive Director, Kiran Devani, via email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us directly at 773-800-9780