Montessori Language School
Intercultural Montessori Language School (Intercultural) with campuses in Chicago and Oak Park, IL, delivers a unique dual language/Montessori blended education serving 300 students ages 3 to 14. The Board seeks a Head of School to serve as philosophical and instructional leader to serve as the Executive Director to lead both the Chicago and Oak Park campuses. The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to the Montessori method and dual language program, and have experience in an established school. The Executive Director will report to Intercultural’s Board of Directors.
• Strong advocate for Montessori education.
• Strong advocate for dual language education.
• Montessori certification through an accredited institution preferred.
• Previous working in a Montessori school strongly recommended with leadership responsibilities.
• Administrator/Principal certification and/or experience strongly recommended.
• Robust leadership skills.
• Experience creating an organization and maintaining sustainability preferred.
• Proven experience with staff supervision and budget management.
• Ability/Willingness to lead in fund development, including identification, cultivation and stewardship of donors.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The position begins July 1, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with experience and certification. Apply online at www.hyasearch.com. Application deadline is May 22, 2018. Interviews begin May 23, 2018.