About Our School
Intercultural Montessori is a Dual Language Montessori School for students age 3 throughthe 8th Grade. Our unique program combines dual language education with the Montessoriapproach. We develop global citizens ready to succeed in the multicultural, multilingualworld of the future. The school is located in the historic Oak Park Neighborhood. Ourschool is a diverse international community and a wonderful place to work!
Intercultural Montessori is currently seeking candidates to teach in our toddler classroom for 2 and 3 year-old children. Creativity, patience, and compassion for young children isessential for this position. Candidates should have experience working effectively withyoung children and have an understanding of the Montessori Method. The goal of ourToddler program is to provide young children with an environment where they candevelop the physical, social and academic skills necessary to be successful learners. Theprogram will expose children to different cultures of the world through play, art and song.All members of our team must embody Intercultural’s Mission & Organizational valueswhen working with children and adults: We respect diversity and community and are caring,capable, enthusiastic, and committed to learning.
- Candidates should hold a minimum of Bachelor's degree.
- Early childhood experience required and Montessori teaching credentials preferred.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Bilingual candidates who speak Spanish or Chinese are preferred.
- Applicants should be patient, flexible and have a positive attitude in working withall children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gain insight into the child in order to help them reach their full potential.
- Design and present developmentally appropriate lessons and activities that helpchildren develop physically, socially and academically.
- Reinforce school and class rules to maintain a safe environment and help studentsdevelop positive behavior.
- Supervise students in class, during lunch and recess, and be responsible for thechildren’s safety in their care.
- Help students use the restroom and develop independence with personal hygiene(handwashing and bathroom usage). Diapering is required.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized classroom environment.
- Model grace and courtesy with students and adults at all times.
- Enthusiastically support and enforce school policies and regulations.
- Understand and promote the school’s mission and values at all times.
- Full time (40 hours), year-round (12 month) employment.
- Hours: To be determined
Interested candidates submit their resume to email@example.com
Contact: Karen Weiss