About Our School
Intercultural Montessori is a Dual Language Montessori School for students aged 3through the 8th Grade. Our unique program combines dual language education with theMontessori approach. We develop global citizens ready to succeed in the multicultural,multilingual world of the future. The school is located in Chicago’s West LoopNeighborhood. Our school is a diverse international community and a wonderful place to work!
Intercultural Montessori Language School is seeking a Montessori trained teacher to workin our Lower Elementary Classroom (Ages 6-12). Candidates will need to have the strongorganizational and collaborative skills essential for team teaching within a dual language education.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor degree.
- Candidate must have a Teacher license.
- Patient, flexible and have a positive attitude in working with all children.
- Ability to communicate with parents and staff effectively.
- Ability to delegate responsibility.
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills are necessary.
- A positive and open attitude toward all children.
- The ability to work with students of varying abilities assigned to the classroom,including those with learning exceptionalities.
- Montessori Certificate preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and email programs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift up to a 35-pound child.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the Montessori curriculum. Update curriculum as student needs dictate.
- Establish and maintain a classroom true to the Montessori philosophy, ensure that all materials are in good repair and all sets complete. Develop and create materials when needed.
- Establish a harmonious relationship with other teachers. Support them in every way possible. Provide necessary instruction and training.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with other teachers and coordinators to handle curriculum integration and implementation
- Give appropriate presentations and establish a record keeping system to track the children’s progress.
- Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and Grace and Courtesy lessons.
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in Montessori philosophy.
- Comply with all continuing education requirements.
- Always adheres to confidentiality.
- Enthusiastically supports and enforces school policies and regulations.
- Understands and promotes the school’s mission and values at all times.
- Assure all areas of the facility are well kept, clean, and organized at all times.
- Assure fire drill/tornado drills and center inspections are conducted monthly and logs are kept up to date.
- Enforcing facility confidentiality/security.
- Responsible for completing monthly inspection and assuring form is completed and kept in binder.
- Full time (40 hours), year-round (12 month) employment.
- Hours: To be determined
Interested candidates submit their resume to email@example.com Phone: 312-265-1514
Contact: Karen Weiss