Flossmoor Montessori School is actively seeking a full time Primary (3-6 years) certified Montessori teacher for immediate position. We work with 2 - 6 years old children and have two Primary classes for 3-6 years. The school is located in a growing community of Homewood-Flossmoor, a suburb of Chicago. Many young families move here due to family friendly community, proximity to Chicago and easy train commute. Our mission is to create an environment for children following the path of Montessori education to meet their developmental needs, inspiring them to reach their highest potential and help them discover how they can best contribute to our world and culture.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionately dedicated to Montessori philosophy
- Possess a Montessori credential (AMI or AMS) for Primary (3-6 years) from a recognized program along with a Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate experience as a lead teacher
- Passion for the Montessori pedagogy and working with young children
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and can effectively collaborate with students, parents and staff to create a collegial classroom environment.
- Have strong organization skills and experience to create and sustain the highest-quality educational environment
- Foster strong relationship with staff and parents through open, honest and frequent communication in a professional manner
- Show confidence and consistency in classroom management style
- Be diligent in planning lessons and keeping accurate student records
Compensation is based on certification and experience. We offer highly competitive salary, Paid time off, retirement plan, ongoing continued education for Professional Development and employee discount for the child attending our school.
Please email your resume to Bansari Modi at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter telling us about your passion working with young minds.