About Our School
Intercultural Montessori is a Dual Language Montessori School for students aged 3 through the 8th Grade. Our unique program combines dual language education with the Montessori approach. We develop global citizens ready to succeed in the multicultural, multilingual world of the future. The school is located in Chicago’s West Loop Neighborhood. Our school is a diverse international community and a wonderful place to work!
Intercultural Montessori Language School is seeking an English teacher / Reading Specialist to work with our Early-Childhood and Kindergarten students. The English teacher will play an important role supporting English Language learning and literacy for students in a language immersion context. Candidates will need to have the strong organizational and collaborative skills essential for team teaching within a dual language curriculum.
● Candidate must have a Bachelor degree in Early-Childhood or Elementary
● Candidates must have a valid Teacher's license.
● Candidates must have related teaching experience such as literacy instruction.
● Montessori Certified preferred but not required
● Willing to work towards Montessori Certification
● Patient, flexible and have a positive attitude in working with all children.
● Strong classroom management skills.
● Ability to communicate with parents and staff effectively.
● Ability to delegate responsibility.
● Good interpersonal and collaborative skills are necessary.
● A positive and open attitude toward all children.
● The ability to work with students of varying abilities assigned to the classroom,
including those with learning exceptionalities.
● Ability to work as part of a diverse international teaching team.
● Montessori Teaching Certificate preferred.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom and email programs.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, or crouch. The employee must be able to lift up to a 35-pound child.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Help develop research-based, Montessori-informed English Language programming for 4-6 year old students.
● Ensure programming for Kindergarten students meets or exceeds the goals of the Illinois Standards for Kindergarten students.
● Collaborates with other teachers on curriculum integration and implementation
● Give appropriate presentations and deliver English language curriculum. Supports each student developing literacy skills.
● Establish a record keeping system to track students' progress.
● Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and Grace and Courtesy lessons.
● Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in Montessori philosophy.
● Comply with all continuing education requirements.
● Always adheres to confidentiality.
● Supervises students in their care and maintains a safe and positive classroom environment.
● Enthusiastically supports and enforces school policies and regulations.
● Understands and promotes the school's mission and values at all times
● Assure all areas of the facility are well kept, clean, and organized at all times.
● Assure fire drill/tornado drills and center inspections are conducted monthly and logs are kept up to date.
● Enforcing facility confidentiality/security.
● Responsible for completing monthly inspection and assuring form is completed and kept in binder.
● Familiar with the CDC, COVID recommendations for in-person teaching
● Full time (40 hours), (10 month) employment September to June
● Hours: Hours: 7:45 AM - 3:45 PM or 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Interested candidates submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karen Weiss Phone: 312-265-1514