About Our School
Intercultural Montessori is a Dual Language Montessori School for students aged 3 through the 8th Grade. Our unique program combines dual language education with the Montessori approach. We develop global citizens ready to succeed in the multicultural, multilingual world of the future. The school is located in Chicago’s West Loop Neighborhood. Our school is a diverse international community and a wonderful place to work!
About Our School
Intercultural Montessori is a Dual Language Montessori School for students age 3 through the 8th Grade. Our unique program combines dual language education with the Montessori approach. We develop global citizens ready to succeed in the multicultural, multilingual world of the future. The school is located in Chicago's West Loop Neighborhood. Our school is a diverse international community and a wonderful place to work!
Lower Elementary Lead teacher should demonstrate knowledge and internalization of the core beliefs of Montessori philosophy, such as respect for the individual learner; preparation of self and the environment; fostering independence, order and concentration in the student; respect for and recognition of sensitive periods, planes of development and intrinsic motivation of the student. Candidates should demonstrate fundamental communication skills to support the social and emotional development of students and to communicate with parents about student's social/emotional and academic progress.
● Candidates should hold a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
● Authorized to work in the US.
● Fluent in Mandarin
● Applicants should be patient, flexible and have a positive attitude in working with all children.
● Strong interpersonal and collaboration/teamwork skills.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, knee or crouch.
● Understand and promote the school's mission and values at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Reinforce lessons presented by lead teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups.
● Reinforce school and class rules to maintain a safe environment and help students develop positive behavior.
● Help supervise students in class, during lunch and recess, and on field trips and be responsible for the children's safety in their care.
● Assist in maintaining a clean and organized classroom environment.
● Enthusiastically support and enforce school policies and regulations.
● Designs and uses instructional strategies, innovations, and activities that are observation-and research-based, meet student needs, and reflect Montessori best practice.
● Observes the overall classroom environment during individual lessons and records observations.
● Supports students in assessing their work as developmentally appropriate.
● Uses various methods of communication to discuss student development with parents.
● Implements accommodations and interventions to help students meet expectations for student learning, in consultation with school administrators and parents.
● Adhere to overarching policies of confidentiality and respect
● Provide equitable publicity's and practices in the classroom
● Maintain an ongoing conversation with additional staff members and parents regarding how to best coordinate curriculum
● Participate in meetings, training and planning in order to meet the needs of each child
● Be responsible for the safety of the children in their care
● Ensure that the physical environment is safe from all health and safety concerns
● Encourage students to find joy in the learning process
● Keep classroom organized, maintain student academic and observation records
● Apply classroom management skills, plan lessons based on the curriculum and use assessment in planning in concert with student
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
● Full time (40 hours), 10 months per year (late August - Early June).
● Hours: 7:30am - 3:30pm
Salary: Based on Education and Experience
Contact: Karen Weiss
Address: 114 S Racine Avenue, Chicago, IL 60607