Rogers Park Montessori School
Elementary Program Director
Rogers Park Montessori School (RPMS) is a not for profit (501) c3, non-sectarian, educational organization located in the Andersonville neighborhood on the north side of Chicago, Illinois. It is a co-educational day school that enrolls children from ages 2 to 14. We are a community of families and educators guided by the philosophy of Maria Montessori. RPMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Independent Schools Association of Central States (ISACS).
The school is seeking an Elementary Program Director (grades 1 to 8). The Program Director provides educational support, under the direction of the Principal, for school programs. The Program Director works with the Principal to assess programming needs and staff programs appropriately. The Program Director works with the Principal, Head Teachers, and Assistants to help direct the children’s activities academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach his/her fullest potential.
· Work with the Principal and teachers to establish educational priorities.
· Work with the Principal to develop and implement appropriate program curricula in keeping with the Montessori philosophy.
· Oversee the development and implementation of extra curricular programs. (Elementary PD only)
· Supervise and run the co-curricular and/or after school programs.
· Meet with parents as needed regarding behavioral, academic or social/emotional needs.
· Observe classrooms regularly to facilitate the development of curriculum and professional development for Head Teachers and Assistants.
· Assist in the supervision of the head teachers, full day, floats, and/or specials teachers.
· Provide guidance, training, coaching and development activities to the Head Teachers, full day and/or specials teachers as necessary and conduct regular performance evaluations.
· Assist the Principal in interviewing new staff members, including placing ads and checking references as required.
· Assist in the professional development of teaching staff, including in-service programs.
· Communicate and work effectively with other Program Director(s) to ensure channels of communication are clear.
· Communicate and cooperate with the Administration.
· Communicate effectively with children.
· Communicate effectively with parents.
· Work with the Principal and other designated professionals on any difficulties with children, parents and staff.
· Provide input to the Admissions Director or Principal on recommendations regarding re-enrollment, rejection or dismissal of any child as required.
· Make recommendations for testing or special needs services to the Principal.
Testing and Progress Reports
· Plan testing schedule, including sending communication to families, planning, organizing and ordering practice test material, and ordering tests and test score reports.
· Analyze test results to determine possible new curriculum goals, including developing a plan for implementation.
· Plan parent/teacher conferences, including sending communication to parents regarding progress reports and conferences.
· Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with children.
· High ethical standards.
· Professional and courteous.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member.
· Flexibility and openness to new ideas.
· Bachelor’s degree and Elementary Montessori certification.
· Experience with and understanding of the development of children.
Ability to fulfill requirements of all state and local licensing agencies affecting RPMS.
Please send resume and references to Ben Blair at email@example.com.