BRAND NEW MONTESSORI SCHOOL OPENED IN JANUARY 2018 seeking qualified professionals to join our school family.
At Casa Dei Bambini Montessori School, each child will be encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Children learn at their own pace by applying the techniques used by Maria Montessori’s methods and philosophies. We believe that in order to raise a child who becomes a successful member of the society, he/she needs a strong foundation from early childhood years. This strong communication and growth is the key to sustain a supportive connection between families and communities. Our school features 23 classrooms from toddlers through Primary, and will eventually serve up through 6th grade. Please visit our website at http://www.cdbmontessoriaurora.com/ for more information.
JOB TITLE: DIRECTRESS : Toddler / Primary
(salary commensurate based on experience, competitive)
1. Physically able to assure children’s safety and to provide for children’s education, including but not limited to visually and auditory observing children in classroom, on playground and in porte-cochere to avoid dangerous situations and ability to remove children physically from dangerous situations.
2. Certified Montessori teacher.
3. College degree (preferred).
4. Montessori teaching experience.
5. Excellent English speaking and writing ability. Must be able to teach phonetic writing and reading program and be able to communicate fluently with parents, coworkers, and children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Guarding safety of children daily and in cases of emergency.
2. Working with the children in the classroom and on the playground.
3. Maintain the exercises and prepare and create new materials for the classroom as Directress of the classroom team.
4. Setting up daily program for the children and coordinating the adult classroom team.
5. Maintaining written records of each child’s work which will be reviewed periodically by the owners in a method approved by the owners.
6. Coordinating, supervising and participating in daily cleaning schedule,
7. Working with parents in conferences and parent meetings.
8. Attending and participating in monthly staff meetings.
9. Prepare the yearly curriculum plan prior to start of school.
10. Prepare weekly lesson plans to share with assistant teachers during weekly meetings where notes are to be taken and maintained for review by the owners. 11. Planning, attending, and participating in special activities including, but not limited to:
* Staff Meetings * Training Sessions
* Prior to school beginning * Parent Meetings * End of School Event * End of School Work Day
* Back to school event * Mother’s Night
* Fall Festival * Father’s Night
* Winter Program * Any school events for special occasions
12. Guiding and directing assistant teachers and defining the guidelines for a unified classroom team of adults. The Directress will strive to provide open avenues for communication in all directions.
13. Teaching and aiding in the development of the students.
14. Supervising the growth and development of classroom assistants.
15. Creating a balanced atmosphere of discipline, learning, creativity, and understanding through respect, care and love for the children. Providing a positive attitude and encouragement for the children.
16. Follow-up as required with parents in a positive and supportive manner of communication.
17. Speak to children, parents, and staff members at all times in a warm and positive manner, providing positive role model of grace and courtesy. 18. Perform any other duties as necessary in order to conduct an effective and efficient classroom, taking into account the team of teachers and each one’s role in this prepared environment. 19. At the end of the year, the Directress in the 3-6 class will be responsible for preparing a written letter for each Kindergarten student setting forth material covered at Casa dei Bambini and giving the letters to the Secretary by May 1 5, since the last month is very busy. The Directress in the 6-9 and 9-1 2 class will also be responsible for copying all records of students that we know are not returning and giving the packets to the Secretary. These need to be made by May 15th.
20. Professional dress and speech.
21. Accept responsibility as Casa Dei Bambini Montessori’s ambassador in the community and at large promoting the school, curriculum, staff, and students in a positive manner.
22. Inspect the playground each day when the children go out to make sure there are no hazards present which should be immediately removed and alert the Administrator of the hazards.
23.Prepare an Activity Plan setting forth the daily activities of the classroom which meets the requirements for Licensing. You must post the plan a prominent place in the classroom.
24. Complete by the end of May the required number of continuing education classes as set forth by the licensing standards and provide the Administrator with a copy of the hours completed. The classes need to be approved by the owners. Failure to complete the necessary licensing education hours by. the end of May will be grounds for terminating a position of employment for the upcoming school year.
25. Submit supply list to the Administrator and/or get prior approval of material purchases in order to best utilize available resources. Purchases which are made without prior authority may not be approved by the Administrator.
26. Submit to the secretary, by disk or e-mail, your Monthly Monarch article. The article is due by the 25th day of the preceding month to be published the following month. These articles should describe a Montessori principle or explain the aims/indirect aims of work in the classroom in addition to covering activities of the classroom. This is a educational tool for our parents.
Under no circumstances is this job description intended to limit the Directress and her duties strictly to those described. The Directress will assist in all other areas as her judgment suggests or as directed by her/his supervisor.
Please view our website athttp://www.cdbmontessoriaurora.com or call 630-907-7554 for more information. Resumes can be uploaded on our website for review by the Director.